The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund to hold Banquet
by Susan Schwartz
The Southern California Chapter of The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (The PCRF), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing medical and humanitarian aid to children in the Middle East, is holding its annual gala dinner on Saturday, October 20th at the Delta Hotels by Marriott, 12021 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, Ca.
The event is titled: Building Better Lives: One Child at a Time. Doors will open at 6:00 pm.
Tickets are $100 per person and may be purchased online by accessing web site: www.PCRF.net/Event/SoCa l or through email at: PCRFSoCal@Gmail.com
Sponsorship opportunities are available until Oct 12th. While tickets will be available at the door, it is suggested that tickets be purchased in advance for this popular event.
The keynote speaker will be Lamis Deek, a well known Palestinian-American attorney, and human rights advocate. Ms. Deek will share with the attendees her experiences in the field of humanitarian litigation; her views on the Palestinian situation, and her counsel on how NGOs (non-government organizations), through medical and humanitarian relief, can play a critical role.
Iraqi-American comedian, Reem Edan will perform at the benefit dinner.
The PCRF was founded in 1991 and is an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with Tax Exempt Identification # 93-1057665. Their mission is to meet the medical and humanitarian needs of children in the Levant. The accomplishments of this fine organization would fill a book. Herewith a few:
- The PCRF has been active for over 25 years and now has over 30 volunteer chapters around the world
- The PCRF is a non-political, non-profit organization dedicated to healing the wounds of war and poverty for children in the Middle East, regardless of nationality, religion, race or gender
- Since 1993, The PCRF has sent millions of dollars worth of donated medical supplies and equipment to Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria.
- In 2017, The PCRF sent over 140 volunteer medical teams to perform life-saving surgeries for underprivileged children in the Middle East, and in addition, has arranged for children to travel to the U.S. and Europe to receive medical treatment not available to them in their home countries.
- The PCRF sponsors a Monthly Disabled Child Program; a Gaza Orphaned Child Program, and a Syrian Children’s Relief Project.
- The PCRF organizes summer camps for disabled children and children who suffer from PTS.
- The Huda Al Masri Pediatric Cancer Department, located near Bethlehem, was built by the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund. The Department was named after the late head social worker, humanitarian, and the heart of the PCRF, Huda Al Masri Sosebee. The late wife of the group’s CEO, Steve Sosebee, she herself tragically succumbed to cancer.
The Dr. Musa and Suhaila Nasir Gaza Pediatric Cancer Department is being completed in the Gaza Strip. Dr. and Mrs. Nasir were the co-founders of the PCRF and have been active and caring participants in its growth. Dr. Nasir is the honorary Chairman of the PCRF’s Board of Directors.
For seven consecutive years, Charity Navigator has granted The PCRF a four-star rating, making PCRF a top ten charity. ((https://www.
charitynavigator.org/index. cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid= 6421).
To view a complete picture of the outstanding work of this organization, please visit the PCRF’s website at: www.pcrf.net