Torrance, February 1, 2010 – The Center for Global Understanding (CFGU) in partnership with The Washington Center (TWC) announces the availability of 25 scholarships for Muslim American students to intern in Washington D.C.
Program components are as follows:
1. Placement: Tailored toward studentsâ€™ interest. We work with students in all majors. Past placements include the Department of the Treasury, The White House, Voice of America, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Justice, National Institutes of Health, American Civil Liberties Union, National Endowment for the Arts, Congressional offices, law firms, corporations, think tanks, lobbying firms, and many more!
2. Academic Credits: Students will take a seminar-style class for about 3 hours one evening per week. Students may get academic credits from their college or university.
3. Housing: We have housing arrangement in an apartment setting.
4. Financial Aid: 25 scholarships of $3,000 each are available to qualified students for the summer of 2010.
5. CFGU Public Affairs: Lectures and discussions with Muslim American Leaders from Congress, Business, Public Health and other fields.
We encourage Muslim American students to visit our website for more details about the requirements and to apply online.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-710-3460 if you need any further information; 640 Maple Avenue, Torrance, Ca 90503 â€¢ Tel: (310) 710-3460 â€¢ Fax: (310) 787-7350 â€¢ Email: email@example.com.
For details, please visit www.centerforglobalunderstanding.org